NEXT PROJECTs: • GROUNDSPEAK-LANDART, Schokland Island, NETHERLANDS 24 June - October 2019 • L'ANDART’19 International Biennial of Andorra, ANDORRA 14 June - 14 September 2019 • I-Park_Site-Responsive Art Residency & Biennale, Connecticut, USA September 2019 • SCULPTURE BY THE SEA_BONDI Sydney, AUS 24 October - 10 Nov 2019
"Portable Containment: where are we going?" BIENNALE OF AUSTRALIAN ART 2018, VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA
"Portable Containment: where are we going continues...?" Edge Greenway Festival "Portable Containment: urban sprawl" EDEN UNEARTHED 2018_Eden Gardens, Sydney, AUSTRALIA
"Portable Containment: cradle to cradle" SCULPTURE AT SCENIC WORLD 2017, AUS Photo: Keith Maxwell CLICK IMAGE
"Nomadic City: portable containment" UNEARTHED 2017_Eden Gardens, AUS. photo by Gary Grearly. CLICK IMAGE
• ART ON the Greenway, commission from Innerwest Council, Lilyfield, AUS Website
• EDEN UNEARTHED 2018-19, commission, EDEN GARDENS, NSW, AUS Website
• BOAA_BIENNALE OF AUSTRALIAN ART 2018, Victoria, AUS BOAA Website
• Geumgang Nature Art Biennale 2018_YATOO, City of Gongju, KOREA Nature Art Biennale Website
• EDEN UNEARTHED 2017-18, commission, Eden Gardens_Sydney, AUS Eden Unearthed 2017
• PALMER SCULPTURE BIENNIAL 2018_Palmer, South Australia Palmer Sculpture Biennial website
• THE STORY OF SPACE_Goa, India, 2017 The Story of Space 2017
• kNOw NATURE_MOG (Museum of Goa) India, 2017 Museum of Goa
• SCULPTURE BY THE SEA_Bondi, 2017 Sculpture By The Sea
• GNAP_GLOBAL NOMADIC ART PROJECT_France, 2017 GNAP-france
• MUSEUM OF CONTEMPORARY ART (MCA) _Talk for VIVID, Sydney, 2017
“Art & Environment: Creative Response to Place at Sculpture by the Sea” Vivid Sydney
• ART ON THE GREENWAY 2017_Old Lilyfield Road Bridge, Sydney, Australia, 2017 Art on Greenway Disaster
• SCULPTURE AT SCENIC WORLD _Katoomba, Australia. 2017 Sculpture at Scenic World
• HILL END FESTIVAL 2017 _Hill End, Australia. 2017
• HILL END Artist’s Residency_NSW, Australia. 2017 Hill End Residency
• SCULPTURE BY THE SEA_Bondi, Australia. 2016
• STEP IN STONE _Salisbury Art Centre, UK. 2016
• “WATER” GEUMGANG NATURE ART BIENNALE _Chungnam, Republic of Korea, 2016
• SCULPTURE AT BARANGAROO _Barangaroo Reserve, Sydney, Australia, 2016
• HARBOURVIEW SCULPTURE TAIL _Auckland, New Zealand, 2016 Harbourview Sculpture Trail
RECENT PROJECTS CLICK IMAGE for more information
- 2018 & 2017 selected for 1st finalist round for Arte Laguna_Land Art Prize, Venice, ITALY
- 2017 finalist for Cheng Long Environmental Art Project, TAIWAN
- 2017 Residency at Hill End NSW, AUS
- 2016 Sculpture by the Sea_Bondi, Sydney, AUS
- 2016 Sculpture at Barangaroo, Sydney, AUS
- 2016 final round for IntraRegionale in Hanover, GERMANY
- 2016 commissioned to create a new environmental work for Leichhardt Council for the Lilyfield Road Bridge. AUS
- 2016 Harbourview Sculpture Trail, Auckland, NZ
- 2015 selected artist in ‘Step in Stone’ quarry trail, funded by Arts Council England, creating 2 ambitious large scale installations in abandoned limestone quarries, Somerset, UK
- 2014 invited artists in Tufi’Artes: AiNIN Symposium, Gran Canaria, SPAIN
- 2012 representing Australia in UKRAINE in the inaugural International Contemporary Sculpture Festival organised by Kyiv Sculpture Project, in collaboration with the Yorkshire Sculpture Park, UK
- 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2016 & 2017 Sculpture by the Sea_Bondi, AUSTRALIA
International environmental artist Sally Kidall creates vast site-specific interventions within challenging natural and urban locations and beyond the restraints of the gallery and has over 35 years of experience. She endeavours, through her practice, to inspire and challenge a wider audience, evoking thoughts/questions and stimulating discussion. Currently based in Australia she travels widely to create her engaging ephemeral installations.
She is a regular exhibiter at the coastal cliff walk for Sculpture by the Sea_Bondi, Australia, exhibiting in Auckland’s saltbush Harbourview Sculpture Trail, New Zealand, urban waterways in Gongju City for Yatoo Geumgang Nature Art Biennale, Korea, a miner’s cottage for Sculpture at Scenic World, Katoomba, Australia, a freshwater lake at UWS Sculpture Awards, Sydney and a volcanic island site for Tufi’Arts, Grand Canaria, Spain.
In 2015 Kidall was a feature artist for Step in Stone, a vast quarry based project funded by Arts Council England UK, and represented Australia in Kiev, Ukraine at the inaugural International Contemporary Sculpture Festival 2012 in collaboration with Yorkshire Sculpture Park, UK. 2017 & 18 short listed for Arte Laguna_Land Art prize, Venice and invited to Global Nomadic Arts Project, France and travelled to India to collaborate in The Story of Space 2017, City of Panjim, plus exhibited at the Museum of Goa, India.
In 2018 she exhibited as part of the Biennale of Australian Art, Victoria and in 2019 she will create new installations in the Netherlands, Andorra, USA and France.
In 2006 Kidall completed her Masters at Portsmouth University, UK and in 1983 completed her BA Honours in Sculpture at Norwich School of Art.
“Through site-specific environmental installations and photography I seek to challenge the predictability of expectations & ‘cultural homogeneity’. My art practice is inspired by the complexities, equilibrium and fragility of the natural environment and by the ways in which our man-made systems work within, or in opposition to, these natural systems. The focus of my practice is the concept of transition, including notions of unpredictability, vulnerability, deterioration and ephemerality. It is informed by issues relating to human ecology, cultural displacement, consumption and materialism”.